The Week of Service Miracles and Brownies

Intake picture with Pres. and Sister Cummings
Hi everyone! 

This week was great! I mean every week is great, but this week was so great! On Monday we did normal P-day stuff.  We cleaned the car and the flat and we went shopping. On Tuesday we had FHE with the ward so Sister Brothers and I wanted to make a treat. I made chocolate chip cookies. I made heaps of cookies! Like seriously so many. And we were running late (no surprise there, right haha). So I'd just piled the cookies onto a plate really fast and we got into the car and I spilled them all over the floor of the passenger side and we had just cleaned the car! Like I spilled probably 20 cookies all over the floor! So as we were driving to the chapel I was tossing cookies out of the window haha! It was really funny! Then on Wednesday we were contacting former investigators and we went to this one house but the lady said she wasn't interested so we decided to knock on the neighbor's door. We did and we met this woman named Marilyn. She said the Elders used to go to her house, years ago, when her husband was dying and stuff and she was really interested in the church. Then, one day she was working in her yard and she had all of the really big branches that she needed moved. She saw the Elders walking up to her house and apparently they like hid until she had moved the really big branches and then asked if she needed help. That made her not want to have anything to do with the church again. It was really sad :( It just reminded me that in everything we do we need to be representatives of Jesus Christ. 

On Thursday we helped a woman in her garden all day and I got to mow her lawn and stuff so that was really fun! I loved helping in her yard (and not having to wear a dress haha). On Friday we had dinner at a part member's house, the Mangu's. We have dinner with them every Friday. This week I made brownies for them and they were a big hit! I made them from memory! (Note from Mom: Katy's brownies are famous and so very delicious!) So thanks Hailee Jean for having me make them for you every month for a year! It helped a lot! Then on Saturday I also made brownies for a less active sister named Mary White. They were a big hit there, too. 

Also, on Saturday mornings we always go door knocking and stuff and we never have anyone interested. But at the first house we knocked on there we was a girl named Jenna who was interested so we are going to go see her again on Friday. Also we got a referral from a member on Saturday. This member is Olea Lloyed and her cousin Tyler is living with her family. We've gone over a couple times and have asked if he wants lessons and stuff and he always says no. This time he told her that he wants to be baptized!!!!!! YAAA!! So yesterday we met with him after church and we committed him to pray and think about a date. We have a return appointment on Saturday! So yaaa! 

There is a missionary here from Sugar name Elder Arnold. The rivalry runs so deep! He's an office Elder and he was delivering mattresses (because the whole mission got new mattresses - yay!). We had to call them for some reason and right as he hung up the phone he said, "Sugar-Salem is better than South Fremont!" My blood boiled!!! haha. Like I said, the rivalry runs deep!

Another story. Yesterday we got a text from this woman Mary and she said that she needed food and stuff. It was weird because she said "friends of the elders" but the elders didn't know her. It turns out she's in the other area but no one there knew her either. She's a  non member but we were able to get her food and stuff. It was weird.

It was a pretty good week! Tomorrow afternoon we are going to Tauranga for Zone Conference! I'm so excited! It's a five hour drive so that will be fun! Then we will come back to Gisborne Wednesday at some time! I'm so excited!! I would send pictures but I lost my camera somewhere in our flat, also I didn't even take any pictures this week. Oops! I love you all so much! 

Love, Sister Grant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Out in the Field!

So Many Changes!!!

Welcome to the West Side!