Hello! First Week at the MTC

This is me in front of the NZ MTC!


Hi everyone! 

How are you all? I am so happy and having so much fun! My comp is sister Olive (Oh-lee-vay) She is from Auckland (Literally like 10 min form MTC) and is going to Sydney North. My district is the Mormon District. There is Elder Smeldy (I sent a pic with him because we recognize each other). His comp is Elder Harrigfeld (He's from Idaho Falls). There is also Elder Bishoff, Elder Tonumipea (From Samoa). Then there is Elder Holt and Elder Bironipewpew (from Kiribati). We have a lot of fun! There is only one set of sisters in each district because there are so many more elders.
Oh! After lunch everyday we go to sports. Sister Ontivaros and I play soccer with like 4 other sets of elders and it is so muddy because it rains all the time, but it is so much fun! The first day I was COVERED in mud (I forgot to take a pic) But it was so much fun! 

The winter here is so nice! It hasn't been too cold except for when we went to the temple yesterday. It was so rainy and windy (I'm glad we got me that warmer coat!). Also it is so hilly and green. There is no flat ground! There are also so many cows and sheep! There is also (unfortunately) a TON of birds. There is pukeko (google it) that is always outside out window in our classroom. Also I'm not good at taking pics. I've seriously like taken 8. 

The sisters here are amazing! They are all so caring. Also the food here has been pretty good, but THEY EAT SPAGHETTI FOR BREAKFAST!!!!??! It's so weird! The potatoes here aren't good. I miss Idaho potatoes and everyone thinks it's funny that I am picky about potatoes. Also I had no idea that not everyone knows what a russet is... it was kinda shocking haha! I am the only sister in the MTC going to Hamilton. There are three elders going to Hamilton though.

Oh! Yesterday we were role playing and Elder Smedly was the missionary and I was the investigator and he randomly thought of a name to call me and he called me Kathrynn! It was crazy! I told him after that was my first name and he was shocked too! It was crazy! I love you all and hope you are having fun! I love it here and am seriously always laughing. Love you!

Love,
Sister Grant

Sister Ontivaros and me. She is the ony other sister from America. She is from Utah and is so amazing! She's going to the Wellington Mission with, I think, just about almost every other elder! Not really but there are A LOT going to Wellington.

This is my comp Sister Olive (Oh-lee-vay) she is from Auckland and is going to Sydney North, with just about every other Sister. haha! I'm the only Sister going to Hamilton but there are like three other Elders going there.

This is Elder Smedly. We met at the San Francisco airport and recognized each other but we have no idea how we know each other! We need everyone's help in figuring it out. We are in the same district and he is my District Leader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Out in the Field!

So Many Changes!!!

Welcome to the West Side!