On Her Way

Katy flew out to New Zealand on July 4th. Leaving her at the airport in Idaho Falls was the definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. I don't know if it was the fact that both of the twins are now gone or if it was that she was flying so far away. But, I didn't want to let her go. We, Trent, Collin, Kenna, and I, watched her every step until she was completely out of sight - up the escalator and around the corner. A tender mercy arrived in the form of another Elder flying out at the same time to San Francisco and then on to the New Zealand MTC. Both missionaries were greatly relieved to know they would not be beginning this new adventure alone. It brought great relief to me, the mom, also.






Her plane in Denver was delayed for an hour and fifteen minutes so they were late arriving in San Francisco. But time was made up and they were able to catch their overnight flight to New Zealand. Thirteen hours later  - July 6th (NZ is 18 hours ahead of us) they arrived and we are eager to hear from her. I suppose that she is exhausted and anxious to begin - after getting caught up on some sleep.

She is strong and can do hard things. Go get'em Katy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Out in the Field!

So Many Changes!!!

Welcome to the West Side!